Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Twining Chronicles - 2 - Trolls

Trolls
My humble apologies that Serendib is described as fatuous: devoid of intelligence. He certainly is not devoid of intelligence but then during the slave trade Black people were deemed as devoid of intelligence and within Black I count in Asian. As for me being puerile: adolescent: displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity, again I apologise that this is what one person may think. I don't think Noddy, or Pink cat or Southwest or Franky or Bigfella share these views of me. You will find funny articles and serious articles here I hope. In fact I count on my colleagues like Bloggs and friends like Annette. I have had the BNP troll this. But as I say, if having a laugh and a joke is immature sometimes, so be it, but this is the only way I can deal with an establishment like ours. By the way Gandhi Bapu was last seen heading up the M1!

2 comments:

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera said...

Dear Twining

There is no need for apologies; if one puts ones head above the parapet then people will take shots at it. Both you and I have had far worse said and done to us. I take such responses as a sign that someone has at least heard something that unsettles them.

As trainers in the field of Race and Diversity we both know that people often learn faster when they feel unsettled and outside of their comfort zone.

I personally take comfort in the words of Marianne Williamson who inspired Nelson Mandela to use the following prose in his Presidential inauguration speak.

‘Our Deepest Fear’

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others”

Let’s keep the Blogs rolling Bro!

Serendib

Twining says: said...

Oh no, I was once a trainer, ex trainer Serendib. I was a trainer until I advised the Manager that they were playing ticky boxey, then I was suddenly moved on!