Thursday, May 10, 2007

PC Richard Gray

I did not know this man, but he was a man, a human being.
I did not know this man, but I believe he was a good man.
I did not know this man,
and he leaves a wife and children behind.
I did not know this man,
but he was a good Police Officer responding to a job.
I did not know this man but he wears the same uniform as I do, the same uniform that we all wear with pride.
When someone dies in these circumstances there are reasons,
I want to know the reason why he was shot in the line of duty.
Did I really not know this man?
I did know this man,
PC Gray was my brother,
He was a part of my own family.
Therefore I did know this man.
Rest in peace my freind.
I will not be adding anymore blogs this week and neither will Serendib in respect of a fallen colleague, PC Richard Gray, who was murdered in the line of duty on Sunday 5th May 2007).



3 comments:

Annette said...

R.I.P. P.C.GRAY

PC South West said...

Nice bit of writing brother!!

Twining says: said...

God Bless South West, it is an honour that you and others refer to me as brother. I wanted to pay a tribute. The words just reeled off from my heart.