Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Archbishop himself sent this to me

Thank you so much for your email and for the copy of your contribution to The Times website. I am sorry to have taken so long to reply, but I have been deluged with correspondence. Your work on the follow-up to the Stephen Lawrence Enquiry Report is of crucial importance. I trust it has helped to instigate a real change of attitude in the Police Force and beyond, though more effort is needed and we must all continue to be vigilant. Please, never lose heart.You as a Hindu and I as a Christian have much that we can do in harmony together and for the common good. There will of course be occasions when we shall speak from our personal and separate convictions: when that happens I pray that we shall be open-hearted and open-minded so that we may grow in all that is true and good.

No comments: